Home > Level 5 Diploma Leadership Health and Social Care CYP Services
Question: Unit 30 Understand partnership working
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services
1) What are they key features of effective partnership working?
2) Why is it important to work in partnership with: colleagues, other professionals and others?
3) How and why does partnership working deliver better outcomes?
4) How do you overcome barriers to partnership working?
Answer: 1. The Children Act 1989, the Care Standard Act 2000 demonstrated that anyone involved in providing services should work in partnership with families and service users to ensure that the service they received are effective however. for such partnership to work all parties should be responsible for the development and care of the individual by ensuring positive outcomes and to work in the best interest of the individual.
However, Partnership working is a two way process and can only be effective if services understand the rights of their service users and ensure that they are always the centre of what they do.
Services users and families should always be involved in any decision making relating to their care and needs of the individual ensure that service users receive clear assessments, that are shaped around their needs not around the need of the service. The choices and wishe...(short extract)
- Subject: Health and Social Care
- Course: Level 5 Diploma Leadership Health and Social Care CYP Services
- Level: Further Education
- Year: Not applicable
- Mark: Not available
- Words: 1678
- Date submitted: December 30, 2016
- Date written: July, 2015
- References: No
- Document type: Essay*
- Essay ID: 7768